The Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa (FPI) is a South African Qualifications Authority recognised professional body for financial planners in South Africa. It is the only institution in South Africa to offer the CFP® certification and has been approved by the South African Revenue Service (SARS) as a Recognised Controlling Body (RCB).
As a non-profit professional body, founding and affiliate member of the Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB), the Institute exists to improve the level of professionalism and positively influence the quality of advice provided by its members. There are 25 other affiliate member countries who offer the CFP® certification. In 2012, FPI was highly commended by FPSB and awarded Tier 1 Affiliate Status for receiving 96% in the global assessment. This is the highest achievement any affiliate has ever received.
Our Vision & Mission
Our vision is one of professional financial planning and advice for all.
Our mission is to advance and promote the pre-eminence and status of financial planning professionals, while at all times acting in the interests of the society whom the profession serves.
The Financial Planning Institute’s mission is to advance and promote the pre-eminence and status of financial planning professionals, while at all times acting in the interests of the society (community, constituency) whom the profession serves, by:
- Improving the quality and accessibility of professional financial planning for all in Southern Africa.
- Acting as advocate for professional financial planning, building a recognition of the importance and need for such planning by the general public.
- Providing a framework within which members can achieve qualifications and maintain competence to create greater value for their clients, practices and employers.
- Ensuring that members maintain the highest ethical standards in the pursuance of their profession.
- Providing a leadership role within financial services by providing balanced, credible input and commentary to government and the public.
- Facilitating transformation within the profession.