About the Role
We have an established Brokerage, 35 years in business next March, and we are looking to add an experienced Paraplanner / Financial Adviser to the business. It’s a salaried role for someone who loves financial planning, but not necessarily full-time client facing. The role will be to partner with the Owners/Advisors to support them in the management of clients – from preparing the financial plans and reviews, to answering email queries, working with our admin team and liaising with companies we utilise to provide our client solutions.
The office is situated in Richmond, Johannesburg. Brokers split their time between the Cape and Johannesburg.
Your primary duties will be as a Paraplanner – supporting the business to meet the client’s financial needs through the provision of information and preparation of financial proposals/reviews. You will need to liaise with the clients to gain the information needed to do that, and communicate to them the outcomes of that work.
In addition, because we are a smaller practice, you will need to support the administrators when they are on leave or when you need tp pick up any overflow admin work in busy times.
Quarterly and Annual Reviews
- Managing the process that supports all client reviews
- Setting up review meetings with clients
- Preparing review reports for clients
- Ensuring outcomes of the reviews are captured and executed
Producing financial planning reports for clients. These include one or more of the following:
- Risk assessment reports and recommendations
- Retirement planning reports and recommendations
- Investment planning reports and recommendations, including look through analysis, recommendations and justification for those
- Budget analysis and reports and recommendations
- Other planning reports a financial para-planner would normally produce.
- Preparation of Records of advice for local and offshore investments, life insurance, estate planning, and budgeting.
- Keeping up to date with tax and legal changes and impacts to our clients
- Completing all compliance documents for clients
- Ensuring all client FICA and FAIS documentation is current
- Managing the compliance requirement of the practice, including New Business Reports, client files, and other ongoing reporting requirement
- Managing client communications processes
- Where required accompany Planners to client meetings and draft Minutes of meetings.
- Efficient tracking of all queries until completion
- Ensuring we are communicating with our clients regularly.
- Ensuring that all Client Contact is captured in our CRM system.
- Ensuring client details are updated and correct (beneficiaries, addresses, debit orders)
- Managing the processes and deliverables around Estate executorship
- Become proficient in planning and CRM tools and help us make the processes and automation better so that it’s easier to do business – helping to step change our business to be more automated.
- Assist office with technical back up – such as detailed calculations etc.
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Word.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical mind – the ability to integrate multiple pieces of information to build the right way forward.
- Minimum of 3-5 year’s experience and knowledge in Financial Planning – life, investments, estate planning, budgeting.
- A love of Financial Planning and helping people make their financial lives better.
- RE 5 and up to date with Product Specific Training, Class of Business Training and CPD requirements.
- Client centered, proactive, reliable and a team player.
- Independent worker, good at organizing and planning and able to manage deliverables to timeframes.
- High ethical standards.
- Postgraduate Diploma or B.Com Honours in Financial Planning or B.Com