RMB – Private Bank · KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa (Hybrid)
TRADITIONAL VALUES, CUTTING-EDGE SOLUTIONS
RMB Private Bank offers leading wealth management advice and private banking solutions that span all stages of our client’s wealth journey. Our strong record of excellence, combined with a reputation for innovation and a genuine interest in the people we serve, inspires us to craft insightful solutions that evolve as our clients’ financial needs and aspirations change.
While most Private Banks compete on the same basis, it is RMB’s people, our owner-manager culture, collaborative spirit, and values that distinguish us from the rest. As a respected talent brand, RMB Private Bank creates an environment where exceptional people can create their own opportunities, supported by sound banking principles and innovative thinking.
As a Wealth Manager, you will be in a team working closely with our clients and their families, tailoring financial solutions to suit their unique needs while supporting legacy building across generations. RMB Private Bank is seeking experienced Wealth Managers, to form part of our team and provide expert holistic legacy and wealth management advice to our high-net-worth clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Formulating innovative solutions for our high net-worth clients on their wealth journey whilst being cognisant of market trends and variables that may impact their investment plans.
- Maintaining an expert knowledge of all FirstRand approved products, application procedures, processing, and timelines, whilst using this knowledge to drive relevant sales targets.
- Collaborating successfully across all relevant areas to achieve shared goals.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant statutory, legislative, policy, and governance requirements.
- Staying up to date with relevant legislative amendments and industry best practices, as well as the Company’s internal compliance procedures.
- Ensuring that the quality of advice remains high and consistent and in line with RMB Private Bank’s investment philosophy and product approved matrix.
- Contributing to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking, benchmarking, and representation on related forums.
- Developing networks and build alliances to grow and strengthen internal support bases.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) with a graduate qualification in Finance, Investment or Economics or related degree.
- Solid experience in providing custom built solutions to our client’s wealth portfolios at a managerial level is a fundamental requirement for this role.
- At this level, the Wealth Manager will have CAT 1 licenses, signed off for supervision. CAT 2 licenses would be an advantage.
As a Wealth Manager you will have access to:
- Our attractive employee value proposition and reward model.
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with all stakeholders across the FirstRand Group.
- Opportunities to innovate.
- Flexible working environment.
- Deep focus on health and wellbeing
- Coaches and mentors to help with your professional development.
If you meet the above requirements, we would like to have a conversation with you.
In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check. You must not be an unrehabilitated insolvent.
All suitably qualified candidates will be considered. Appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity Strategy. FirstRand actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require reasonable accommodation.
Closing Date: 26 December 2023