The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is established in terms of section 30B of the Pension Funds Act, 24 of 1956 to dispose of pension fund complaints lodged in terms of the Act in a procedurally fair, economical, and expeditious manner.
Position: Senior Assistant Adjudicator(s)
Position status: Permanent
Reporting line: Case Management Team Leader
Position location: Pretoria, Ashlea Gardens
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB Degree (Bachelor of Laws)
- Minimum 5 years’ post articles experience as an admitted attorney, practicing advocate, prosecutor or serving at a regulatory body or ombudsman
- Ability to assess facts, interpret legislation and draft legal documents
- Experience in the financial services sector will be an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Pension Funds Act and the role of the Pension Funds Adjudicator
Minimum Requirements and Key Competencies:
- Strong administrative skills including being deadline driven
- Computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think independently and critically about an issue and propose solutions
- A high level of judgement, confidence, and decisive approach
- Take initiative in personal development
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Quality control of draft determinations submitted to the Adjudicator for approval
- Ensure that all complaints are administered according to the approved workflow process of the organisation
- Identify, report, and mitigate risks to the organisation and review risk mitigating actions within the area of responsibility
- Adhere to all deadlines and turnaround times
- Adherence to organisational values
- Ad hoc projects and tasks
The potential suitable candidate must be a strategic and creative thinker, passionate about service delivery, be able to thrive under pressure. The candidate must be able to display compassion towards members of the public and complainants and have an open-door policy. Energetic, outcomes and deadlines driven attributes are essential. An influential team player, great communicator, with high levels of integrity and professionalism.
OPFA offers market related remuneration commensurate to the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
Interested persons may submit applications, inclusive of academic qualifications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OPFA reserves the right not to make an appointment. Regret correspondence will only be sent to interviewed candidates.
The OPFA is an equal opportunity employer and as such, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the organisation’s employment equity plan. Persons living with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
By completing your details and submitting your application, you consent to OPFA processing your personal information.