Recognised CPD Providers
Become a Recognised FPI CPD Provider
The FPI’s primary goal of recognising a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) provider is to enable them to seek approval for their CPD programs, books, and newsletters.
To be approved as an FPI recognised Continuous Professional Development Provider, the following criteria must be met:
- The provider must offer high-quality courses or training sessions that benefit FPI members in various financial planning and advisory areas, as outlined in the FPI Competency Profiles and FPI’s Code of Ethics and Practice Standards.
- The provider must have a designated point of accountability responsible for ensuring the quality assurance and management of the approved programs.
- The provider must possess the necessary staff, resources, and systems to support the development, improvement, and monitoring of quality in their core learning and teaching activities. This includes robust arrangements for quality assurance, development, and monitoring of CPD programs.
- The provider must have administrative systems in place to effectively manage participants in the program. Precise and efficient arrangements should be established to maintain the integrity of participant records and certification processes. Clear oversight and monitoring responsibilities must be assigned and fulfilled.
CPD providers who believe they meet these criteria must apply to FPI through the online process. Upon successful completion of payment for the annual fee and verification of the requirements, the CPD provider can seek accreditation for their CPD programs from FPI. It is important to note that this subscription is valid for one year only, and recognised CPD providers will need to undergo a renewal process thereafter. A comprehensive list of FPI recognised CPD providers can be found here.
FPI approves CPD programs, books, or newsletters to ensure alignment with the FPI Competency Profiles and FPI’s Code of Ethics and Practice Standards for the benefit of FPI designated members. Additionally, FPI provides approval to relevant programs, books, or newsletters in compliance with Board Notice 194 of 2017 issued by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
CPD programs approved by FPI must adhere to the following criteria:
- The topics covered in the program should reflect the knowledge, skills, and abilities required from a financial planner or financial advisor as specified in the FPI Competency Profiles or FPI’s Code of Ethics and Practice Standards.
- The program content must not consist solely of Product Specific Training as defined in Board Notice 194 of 2017 issued by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority.
CPD providers can apply for program approval through the online application process, which involves submitting relevant information, supporting documents, and payment of a fee per program. If the program meets the FPI requirements, an approval letter with a unique number will be issued.
A comprehensive list of FPI approved CPD programs can be found here.
For further information about the process to become a CPD provider, please contact us at email@example.com . We are here to assist you.